Saturday, April 24, 2010

Lots of work, not much show

These are the pics from the week. I feel like I have worked all week, but not much to show for it.

This picture is of about 2,000 - 2" squares. I have cut on them all week (about 20 hours total), but I only have about half of the squares I will need to finish the quilt. These are my squares for my Grandmothers Flower Garden quilt (English Paper Piecing). I have decided to make it at least a twin, but more if I have the fabric. I will stop when I run out of the background fabric, lol. Each flower will be a different 30's print, so I have been collecting past collections and charm packs for a while. I figured I need approximately 400 different fabrics for a twin. This picture shows about 150 flowers worth of squares. You can see a picture of the progress on the quilt in an older post.
These are the blocks from my Log Cabin quilt class. I finished 40 blocks for the quilt (36 for the quilt with 4 extra for design placement). They measure 12" finished size. I used a Kaffe Fassett Tangerine shot cotton (Pink and Yellow threads woven together) with strips from a strip club pack from Harpers. I will lay it out next week in class, so I will have pics then of the quilt put together (or MOSTLY put together).

This is the last pic of the week. I finally finished the center to my Popsicle Posies quilt from American Jane. I have the borders planned, but not cut. Hopefully I will get them cut next week.This next week I am hoping to get borders for 3 quilts cut. One is pretty complex with sashing strips and floating blocks, so it might take a while to complete. I am furiously basting hexagons to put together for my Grandmothers Flower Garden because I am going on a bus tour with Harper's (a local quilt shop). We are visiting 11 shops in 4 states in 3 days. I always take a hand project along to work on, but need to have the pieces ready (See all the squares above). I have most of my Mod Quads blocks done, only about 15 left. I also have about half of my Jacks be Quick blocks done. You can see the Mod Quads and Jacks be Quick pieces in a previous post. When I finish both sets, I will post some pics of them. In the mean time, I am making 2 dress and pants sets for my daughter. See why I said I have done a lot, but nothing to show for it?

1 comment:

Joan said...

Your flower garden is going to look beautiful .. what a lot of cutting out you have done . Hope to visit again next week

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails