Wednesday, December 19, 2012

One Flower Wednesday

Here are my flowers for One Flower Wednesday this week. I have done 2 this week and I 
only have 4 more to go on this project.


I have finally found a way to finish off and bind my project that I like. There is a tutorial about making a hexagon binding that looked really cool. You make a ring of hexagons that go all the way around the quilt just like binding, then flip it over and tack it to the back. You can see the hexies on the back of the project, and the front still has all the hexie corners. Here is a link to the Hexagon Finishing Tutorial. I am really excited about trying this technique. 

Here in the next few weeks I am going to post some pics of unfinished projects that I am dusting off and trying to finish them up. Most of them have little problems that I haven't fixed yet. Here's to getting my sewing room cleaned up!

5 comments:

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

Very pretty Christmasy-looking flowers! I like the idea for the binding on the tutorial....looks so pretty.

Rose said...

Love the colors! I used that method to finish my hexie quilt, it works well.

Karen said...

Only four more to go!!! Yes, that is a great binding method and the one I have decided on for my flower garden.

hafza said...

Love your flowers and thanks for sharing the tutorial link!

Hilachas said...

Your flowers are beautiful. Thanks for sharing them with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails